The truth is that many of the exploits that you hear about are fueled by a vivid imagination, rather than experience; only a very small proportion of the talkers are actually doing the things that they describe.
And that’s okay… maybe you aren’t ready.
Proper split testing takes more than just testing different variations of a page… you need to measure results, and the differences between the results generated by each variation.
This isn’t as simple as just checking which page is converting more. Let’s explain why with a short example:
Variation 1: The base page received 974 visits, and 5 people converted
Variation 2: The modified page received 961 visits, and 7 people converted
You’d think that Variation 2 is the clear winner, right?
Crunching the numbers, we find that there is only a 45.27% chance that over time, Variation 2 will continue to outperform Variation 1. In other words, there’s a 54.73% chance that the difference between their success rates was the result of random chance.
Okay… where did these numbers come from?
Split testing is all about finding results that you can be confident in based on statistical significance. This isn’t a touchy-feely kind of confidence – it is calculated mathematically, and you want it to be at least 90%, and ideally 95% or more to choose a winner.
You don’t have to worry about calculating the numbers yourself; just click on the image below to download our free tool that will do it for you:
While you’re here, you might also want to check out some of these posts:
- Why Guru Strategies for Blog Growth DON’T WORK… and What Does!
- Let’s Get Viral: 5 + 1 Strategies for Viral Exposure and Growth
- Finding Your ONE Person
And if you enjoyed this post, sign up for our $197 FREE video training on how to Get More Cash Out of Any Business, Website or Blog… In Under 30 Days, Without Spending Money, Working More Hours, or Hiring Staff.