We have been so busy over here at Firepole Marketing that we only have a “mini” Best of the Web this month.
That doesn’t mean it is any less valuable than our usual longer posts; we just firmly believe in quality over quantity, and the quality of some of the posts this month is outstanding.
This Best of the Web is perfect for writers, bloggers, freelancers and entrepreneurs owners – I think that accounts for most of you! We’ve loaded it with tips on negotiating freelance rates, writers block, branding, copywriting as well as other useful business tricks.
Resources for Writers and Freelancers
Although this Best of the Web is small, over one third of the posts are related to writing and freelance blogging. Take a look at these helpful posts, writers and freelancers; this month is for you.
- The Writing Wall (Geoff Livingston)
- 52 Totally Free Resources for Freelance Bloggers (Be a Freelance Blogger)
- Branding Like A Boss: The Writer’s Addition (Write with Warnimont)
- The Complete Guide to Setting and Negotiating Freelance Rates (Lifehacker)
- Expert Screw-Ups: How NOT to Negotiate Your Rate (Be a Freelance Blogger)
Bountiful Business Tips, Tricks and Insights
Here are some great posts that span a wide range of business facets such as copywriting, audience building, marketing and media.
- Which Comes First: Audience of Product? (Think Traffic)
- 27 Killer Copywriting Posts for Writing Copy that Converts (Savvy Writer)
- 7000 Newsletter Subscribers from 1 YouTube Video (Traffic Strategies with Incredible ROI) (Think Traffic)
- Getting Down to Business (Coach Marketing Machine)
- Eight Silly Data Things Marketing People Believe That Get Them Fired (Occam’s Razor)
- Hot Social Media Trends in 2013? Blogs, Podcasts & Videos (Frederic Gonzalo)
- Vanity vs. Actionable Metrics: Are you tracking the right stats in your business? (ThinkTraffic)
Life Changing Choices
Do you ever just want to give it all up and start doing what you really love? I bet you have those thoughts at least once a week. Here are some posts that show you how possible it is to do.
- Why Quitting May be the Most Profitable Thing You Do This Year (Copyblogger)
- The Honest to Goodness Guide to Why You Should Start A Blog For A Crazily Awesome Future (Alden Tan)
- When NASA Calls (Wire Yourself For Wealth)
We’ve listed a lot of great content here, but if you think we’ve missed out on anything important, please let us know in the comments!