I can’t believe our last best of the web post was really last year!
Well, okay, I can.
It’s really only been a few weeks, but those weeks have been busy in the blogosphere. Between taking a break and celebrating with our nearest and dearest, the beginning of the New Year is a time to reflect on what has gone by and what is to come; that’s precisely what we’ve been doing at Firepole Marketing, and plenty of other blogs have had the same idea.
There have been years in review, round-up posts, reflections on the year that passed, and inspiration for the year to come. Despite being more or less MIA for the past couple of weeks, I’ve read a lot of them, and I’m going to share the creme de la creme with you.
So without further ado – our first Best of the Web for 2012!
Look Back on the Old, Looking Towards the New
The New Year always brings a few things with it: a new calendar, some hopeful resolutions, new business goals and always, always, recap and round-up posts from the year gone by. Here are some of my favorites:
- 20 Life Changing Habits to Make 2012 the Best Year Ever (The Sales Lion)
Tips, Advice, and Food for Thought
We always love a good, solid informational post on Firepole Marketing, so here are some of the latest and greatest:
- Starting a Business Isn’t All Unicorns and Rainbows (the Other Side of the Story) (Corbett Barr)
- Banner Advertising: Viable Money Making Blogging Solution? (Traffic Generation Cafe)
- Here’s the Biggest Mistake I see Bloggers Make (DIY Themes)
- Free Useful Icons to Use in Your Site (Arterruption)
- Magnanimous Donation leads to Speculation (Inside Influence)
- The Misconception that is Inspired Writing and Blogging and Do ‘Top Blogger Lists’ Really Mean Anything At All? (The Sales Lion)
- 5 Marketing Lessons You Can Learn from a Weird “Real World” Business (CopyBlogger)
- How to Make Your Blog Stand Out in a Crowded Niche without Guest Posting (Think Traffic)
Interviews and Mentions
There’s nothing that makes a blogger feel quite so good about themselves as being asked for an interview, or finding your work mentioned by someone you respect. It’s a really unique feeling, and a few bloggers out there have given it to me recently with interesting, insightful interviews and mentions.
If you haven’t had a chance to read or listen to these yet, check them out (they mention a lot of other great people, too!):
- The Best of Copyblogger from 2011 (CopyBlogger)
- How Danny Iny of Firepole Marketing Took over the Blogosphere in Less Than a Year (WriterViews)
- Danny Iny’s Interview – On MBA, Getting Subscribers and Modern Publishing (Write Region)
- Top 12 Posts from December 2011 (Write, Change, Grow)
- How Danny Iny Scrambled up the Firepole (Write, Speak, Sell)
- Discover the Value in Danny Iny (Discover Local and Online Auctions)
- The Freddy Krueger of Blogging (Deliberate Ink)
- The 12 New Media Days of Christmas 2011: 5 Traffic Tips (Blog World)
Engagement from Scratch!
Positive response to Engagement from Scratch! continues unabated, to my ongoing delight.
Here are some more bloggers who took the time to get in touch with me, or otherwise write about the book. I am deeply grateful to all the bloggers who have done so.
- Three Small Business Books Worth Reading (Small Biz Trends)
- A Conversation with Danny Iny, Author of Engagement From Scratch! (Ghost Writer Dad)
- Interview with Danny Iny on Engagement From Scratch (Online Business Hour)
- Engagement from Scratch! Recommended Holiday Reading (Triberr)
- Engagement from Scratch – An Interview with Danny Iny (Word Chef and Blog Talk Radio)
We’ve listed a lot of great sites here, but if you think we’ve missed out on anything important, let us know in the comments!