With our Business Ignition Bootcamp past the half-way mark, and our Campaign Mastery Blueprints Club kicked off, it’s hard to believe that we’ve had any time to do anything else with our days here at Firepole Marketing, but enthusiasm is running at an all time high.
We all hope that your early summer has been sunnier and warmer than we’ve been seeing in Montreal – because we’ve needed every brilliant blog post we could find to break through the meteorological gloom.
In true Firepole style though, we’ve worked hard to break through the cloudy weather and bring you some sunshine in the form of one of our best (excuse the repetition) Best of the Webs yet!
Now let’s get into the thick of it – here are a bunch of the blog posts that have been the sunshine through our clouds.
Useful Utilities and Terrific Tools
All manner of interesting implementations to help tighten up almost any aspect of your business, from combating hackers to increasing subscribers with Google analytics!
- The Startup Toolbox: Twelve Free Tools Every Small Business Needs (Forbes)
- How To Use Video to Increase Conversions (ConversionXL)
- Split-Testing With Google Analytics Experiments (Webdesign Tuts+)
- How To Secure Your WordPress Site: A Free Plugin to Combat Hackers (ComLuv)
Adventurous Advice for the Savvy Business Owner
Sometimes the best advice is a little off-the-wall and surprising, which is exactly what these posts are. A ton of eye-opening articles so wild and wonderful that they’ll not only make your jaw drop but your business successes shoot to the moon!
- The Myth of Passive Income and the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Online Business (Live Your Legend)
- Three Things I’ve Learned From Warren Buffet (Bill Gates via LinkedIn)
- Are You a Feature Preacher? and Why They Buy (Reboot Authentic)
- An Introvert’s Guide to Getting the Most From a Conference (Dharmesh Shah via LinkedIn)
- How Labels Affect Perceptions (And Results) (Ryan Healy)
- View Mistakes by Other People as Business Opportunities (The Social Media Hat)
- My Death Countdown (Doberman Dan)
The Keyboard Is Mightier
As always, we’ve got some excellent resources that will help you tighten the grip on your keyboard (or pen, for you oldschoolers) and show the world that the old adage is true. Well-placed words are indeed much mightier than any blade.
- 21 Things You Need to Know About Publishing 2.0 (Copyblogger)
- 3 Easy Ways to Grow Your Audience and Get More Responses (AWeber)
- Want Success? Then Work Hard!
- The Mental Games We Play (WriteToDone)
The Best Tricks and Tips of the Blogosphere
With blogging blowing up more than ever, it’s important to set yourself apart from the milieu. Here are some interesting and important ways to improve your blogging and copy and actually have fun with it.
- Guest Posting: Are We Approaching the End? (Reviewz’N’Tips)
- The Ultimate Guide to Being a Blogging Superstar (Businesses Grow)
- 10 Principles For Turning Into a Killer (Copywriter) (Copyblogger)
- The Two Most Powerful Words in the World of Content Marketing Right Now (The Sales Lion)
Meanwhile, This Was Just Kind of Cool
Yup, no particular category for these, but they were awesome, and you should check them out:
- Coca-Cola Splits in Half With “The Sharing Can” (Creative Guerilla Marketing)
- The Law of Large Numbers – And Why You May Not Hear From Me Again (Reboot Authentic)
- How to Write High-Converting Sign-Up Form Copy (With Case Studies & Examples) (ContentVerve)
- When you can no longer ignore the feeling that it’s time for a change… (The Alchemist Entrepreneur)
- How to Stand Out from the Crowd and Build Something that Matters (Word Chef)
- I’m Swapping CEO Roles with Wil Reynolds of SEER (Rand Fishkin)
We’ve listed a lot of great content here, but if you think we’ve missed out on anything important, please let us know in the comments!