It’s September, and the gardeners are reaping the harvest from spring planting and summer’s care.
And Danny has gone hunting again. He’s scoured the web for the best inspirations, tools, and tips to help you have a great business harvest this year.
For many of us, September is Launch Time. Our audience is back from vacation and ready for our newest solutions. Are you ready for them?
Here at Firepole, we’re almost ready. … … And by the time you read this post, we’ll be days away from our biggest launch ever.
Essentials of Entrepreneurship
Step out of the day to day and even the year-by-year. Remember why you’re an entrepreneur and what a difference you can make. These three blog posts will inspire your transformational thinking.
- Full Disclosure: 12 Reasons You Probably Shouldn’t Be An Entrepreneur (The story no one tells) (Live Your Legend) – “The reality is entrepreneurship isn’t for most people. … The emotional and actual swings can be crazy – often times they are.”
- How Tony Hsieh Inspired Long-Term Motivation to Grow Zappos Culture (iDoneThis) – Want to make a dent in the universe? Want to keep a great team for a long time? This analysis of Zappos’ success will show you how.
- How Good Enough is Actually Optimal (iDoneThis) – Which brings more happiness – maximizing or satisifizing? The answer may surprise you.
Awesome Tools for Marketing Success
Tech got you down? Here are two stories about how to make excellent use of the technical tools that are the machine that keeps our business running.
- The Anatomy Behind Memorable Landing Page Videos (LeadPages) – No one does video landing pages better than LeadPages. So what do they say makes for the most powerful videos? Come and see …
- 10 Google Analytics Reports That Tell You Where Your Site is Leaking Money (ConversionXL) – If you go goggle-eyed looking at Google Analytics, look here, and learn how to use it to plug the leaks in your marketing funnel and sales conversions.
Lessons From the Trenches – Marketing and Entrepreneurship
Read these posts and you will: Survive your first year; go viral with your marketing; write copy that sells; cut to the chase and succeed, and hear an inspiring story of how entrepreneurial thinking is making its way throughout our society.
- 10 Hard Lessons I Learned in My First Year of Freelance Blogging (Freelance Writer Startup) – A very realistic message from the first year of freelance work.
- What I Learned From Growing My Email List 3,418% (Nearly 200k) in Just 11 Days (Smart Passive Income) – The newest gimmick – viral contests.
- 189 Words That Get Your Customer’s Attention Every Time (Entrepreneur) – Is your sales writing stuck? Come here for words that convert.
- The Fresh Prince Teaches You Marketing (Neville’s Financial Blog) – Cut to the chase and help your customers with their real problems.
- Being an Entrepreneur: What Your Kid Probably Won’t Learn in School (Huffington Post) – Entrepreneurship for kids? It’s never too early to start.
And Three Interviews with Danny
I want to let you in on a little secret. This year, Danny has been gathering the links for the Best of the Web posts, and I’ve been putting together the page. Now, we’re coming out of the closet as collaborators. He hunts, I write, you get the best.
It’s a great formula. And Danny is doing more than just finding posts – he’s getting posted, too!
The whole world is going Podcast – and so is Danny. Here he is, sharing Firepole wisdom on three podcasts. Enjoy – and learn!
- How Being Less ‘Salesy’ Gave Danny Iny a 5-10% Boost in Webinar Conversions (LeadPages) – Danny shares a more relaxed and welcoming strategy for closing the deal on your next big product.
- Danny Iny, the Freddy Krueger of Blogging, Tells Us About Persistence as an Entrepreneur (Marketing to Crush Your Competitors) – Keep moving through failure to find the thread of success.
- Danny Iny on How to Build, Launch, and Deploy Successful Training Courses (Launch Yourself) – Danny shares Firepole’s newest material to help you build your next product.
As always, if you think we’ve missed anything truly awesome out there on the web, be sure to say so in the comments!