Was January as good for you as it was for us?
On our end, we’ve had a month of record-breaking traffic, thanks to the amazing contestants in our “Marketing That Works” Ideas Contest, who totally rocked!
I also quietly launched a new training program about writing (you’ll be hearing more about that in March), and I’ve been working hard to create a ton of videos for you, that we’ll start sharing as soon as next week!
Not to mention that our training program is opening up to new students again soon, and we’ve got some great excitement planned around that, too.
But we aren’t the only ones who’ve been busy. The blogosphere is buzzing, and here are some of our favorite posts from the last month:
Confessions, Epiphanies and Calls to Action
There seems to have been a trend of “big ideas” blog posts this month – maybe it’s the inspiration that comes with the excitement of kicking off of a new year?
Whatever it is, these are the posts that shocked, amazed or really impressed us:
- Publishing’s Big Bad Game of Chicken (Tribal Author)
- You Are Probably Dead Already (Adventure Sauce)
- Closing the Gap Between Your Potential and your Peak (Marlee Ward)
- The World’s Best Gold Digger (Apps Blogger)
- Why Blogging is Not a Viable Business Model (Branding Personality)
- The Most Important Post You Will Ever Read (Steve Scott Site)
Strategies, Ideas, and News
We’re always on the lookout for the latest, coolest, and best taught strategies, fun and interesting ideas, and just plain old news (the stuff that’s important today, and history tomorrow). Here’s the best of it:
- How I put my Adventurous Goals on Autopilot (Annie Andre)
- Everything About the Facebook IPO (Buzzing Up)
- How to Really Create a Popular Blog From Scratch (Traffic Generation Cafe)
- How to Launch a T-Shirt Line (Joel Runyon)
- Most Emails Stink as a Sales Tool. Here’s Why (The Sales Lion)
- Creating a Referral Network (Right Mix Marketing)
- How a Blog Post Written in 1 Hour Generated a Million Dollar (Apps Blogger)
- How Would you Improve this Minty Fresh Website (Crazy Egg)
By the Numbers
There’s nothing like a list post to inspire you to get going on your blog, or marketing activities. These are some of our favorites from the last month.
- 5 Essential Qualities of Growing Your Blog Quickly in a Crowded Niche (Kikolani)
- eBook: The Essential Exposition of Expertise (Word and Mouth)
- How to Get More Consulting Work Without Doing Sales, Jedi Mind Tricks and Magic Elves (StartMyConsultingBusiness.com)
- 22 Quick Actions to Avoid Unemployment Forever (Pocket Changed)
Musings, Ideas, Thoughts, and Perspectives
I’m always thrilled to read something that makes me think, and the internet is full of bloggers who are happy to provide it, many of whom I’m proud to call friends:
- 5 Reasons Blogging Might Not be Right for You (Corbett Barr)
- Why Blog Contests Are More About Relationship and Not Traffic (Ryan Hanley)
- If You’re Not Attracting the Right Audience, Then You Won’t Attract the Desired Results (Hustler’s Notebook)
Writing 80+ guest posts and publishing a book has drawn a fair amount of attention – actually, since Engagement from Scratch! was published, I’ve averaged about 2 interviews per day.
It’s been exhausting, but also exhilarating, and I couldn’t be happier to do it. Here are some of my favorites:
- Interview with Danny Iny (MeFrog.com)
- Interview with Danny Iny (Point Blank SEO)
- Freedom Cipher Episode 4: Meet Danny Iny (Aisha DaCosta)
- Interview with Danny Iny, Freelance Marketer (Freelance Switch)
- A Radical Approach to Launching an eBook: Interview with Danny Iny (Write to Done)
Thank you to every blogger who took a moment to mention us in a post this month – it means the world to Megan, Peter and me.
- 3 Cubicle Renegades to Watch in 2012 (Pocket Changed)
- Danny Iny is a Liar (Affect Selling)
- Do You Have a Facebook Fan Page? (Adrienne Smith)
- Online Marketing Secrets From Denise Wakeman and Danny Iny (Woman’s Way To Wealth)
- Guest Posting Like A God (Or Goddess!): 3 Experts Show You How It’s Really Done (Sparring Mind)
- Danny Iny: Guest Blogger (Ramblings of a WAHM)
More Mentions of Engagement from Scratch!
I couldn’t be happier with the reception of Engagement from Scratch!
Downloads are still happening at a brisk pace, and to-date the book has been read, shared, and enjoyed by close to 5,000 people!
Here are some of the mentions of the book over the last little while:
- 26 Must Reads: My Best Marketing Reading List (The Word Chef)
- Review of Engagement From Scratch (Small Biz Trends)
- Engaging with Danny Iny and Friends (Sticky Communication)
- Birds on the Blog Book Club – Engagement From Scratch (Birds on the Blog)
- Engagement From Scratch – Compiled by Danny Iny (Grow Map)
…and a couple of guest posts, too!
This year I’m going to be slowing down on the guest posting, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t occasionally contribute to some of my favorite blogs. This month, I had the privilege of writing something for two of my regular haunts:
- A Blog Marketing Plan THAT WORKS For 2012 (E-Junkie.info)
- 872 Subscribers in 24 Hours?! (Problogger)
We’ve listed a lot of great content here, but if you think we’ve missed out on anything important, please let us know in the comments!