It’s been a great summer at Firepole Marketing; we all got a chance to get away on vacation to visit relatives in Alberta, Nova Scotia, New York, and Ontario. Days at the office were a little busier with my brothers and cousin visiting for a few weeks, and of course, we were happily wrapped up in our Mastermind preparation and execution.
As the weather starts to cool off and everyone slowly starts to transition from their relaxed summer selves to their busy autumn selves – we have got the perfect little coffee break for you to help with the September madness. With a lot of now projects on the horizon, and still working away at older ones, here at Firepole Marketing we sure will need a few breaks of our own.
What’s on the menu today? PayPal problems, landing pages, a wonderful video testimonial, perfectionism and Miley Cyrus. A perfect blend of posts that you can pick and choose from – or read them all!
Problems with PayPal
You probably saw my heated post about my horrible experience with PayPal – turns out we aren’t the only ones in the space who have had a negative experience with the company. Check out some more alarming accounts of bad business by PayPal, and then see where you can go to for better payment processing service.
- PayPal Steals With Hidden Fees (and how to protect yourself) (Peter Sandeen)
- 5 PayPal Alternatives for Small Online Business (Fairground Media)
Creative Business Tricks
This month I have come across a variety of interesting tips and tricks for business – and a lot of them are pretty creative and innovative. Here are a few of my favorites that I think you might find useful.
- Free Marketing Strategies of Social Media Mavens (Yahoo)
- 3 Conversion Tricks I Use to Get More Leads Than You (+ Free Squeeze Page Template) (Viper Chill)
- Generosity Pays: Results from Launching a “Pay What You Want” eBook (Think Traffic)
- 6 Ways to “Brand” Yourself to Succeed Even if You’re Just Starting Out (Write Speak Sell)
- Step-by-Step Landing Page Copywriting (Nathan Barry)
- How To Get A Book Cover That Is Guaranteed To Sell (StartupBros)
Variety of Videos
Sick of reading yet? If so, take a little break and watch these three videos. They are all very different – but all very entertaining, especially this hilarious and super kind testimonial from Bob Malloy.
- How to Survive Making Your First Videos (With Stage Fright and a Low Budget) (Be A Freelance Blogger)
- How to Grow a Massive Email List from Guest Blogging with Danny Iny a.k.a Freddy Krueger of Blogging (Lifestyle Academy)
Other Interesting Posts
Here are the posts that didn’t really fit into one of the categories this week. We’ve got one on emails, one on ads, one on perfectionism – and of course, we need have to give into the internet trend right now and talk about – as promised – Miley Cyrus (don’t worry – it’s still relevant to business)!
- Let Me Explain Why Miley Cyrus’ VMA Performance Was Our Top Story This Morning (The Onion)
- 8 Emails That Changed The Author’s Life (Advanced Riskology)
- Waste of Space: Are Ads Good for Your Blog? (Dear Blogger)
- Eureka! A Cure for Perfectionism (Everyday Bright)
- The Hidden Treasure of 26 Famous Marketing Blogs (Bloggerjet)
- How Saving On Design Could Cost You More In The Long Term (QuickSprout)
- The Hidden Treasures of 26 Famous Marketing Blogs (BloggerJet)
And a Guest Post, too:
- What It Really Means to Market Your Writing (The Write Life)
We’ve listed a lot of great content here, but if you think we’ve missed out on anything important, please let us know in the comments!