That hazy, lazy, last month of Summer where all the craziness starts to fizzle out, and the days get shorter.
Here at Firepole Marketing, our crazy and intense Business Ignition Bootcamp has finally wound down and we’re well on the way to getting a bunch of great business-building content into people’s hands with our Campaign Mastery Blueprints Club.
So, with so much winding down here at Firepole Marketing, what better way to kickstart creativity for something new than a Best of Web list that’s chock full of new and exiting ideas?
Whether you’re looking for the optimal time to send an email or wondering what the future of currency will look like, we’ve got some great resources to help stimulate your current business or help you launch a new one.
So let’s get to it!
The Gmail Changes/Freakout
Okay, so one of the big things that’s made headlines lately is the Gmail promotional tabs thing. First of all, for the record, we’re fine with it. Here are some interesting perspectives on it, that might explain why:
- The Great Gmail Freak-Out Of 2013: An Open Letter To Email Marketers (The Circus Scene)
- Why Email Marketers Can Relax About the New Gmail Tabs (Men with Pens)
- 7 Ways to Survive Gmail’s New Promotions Tab (Copyblogger)
- Why You Should Care About Gmail’s New Tabs as a Blogger, Marketer, Freelancer, and a User (Kikolani)
- How Gmail’s New Inbox Is Affecting Open Rates (MailChimp)
The Efficacy of Email
With the intense focus on social media marketing these days, it’s easy to lose sight of the power of email. Here are some great strategies for improving your list and some stunning email success stories that will make your jaw drop.
- Six Case Studies and Infographics on the Optimal Time to Send Emails (Econsultancy)
- The Science of Email Marketing: The Evolution of Email (Dan Zarrella)
- How To Email Your List (IttyBiz)
- The (Easy) Secret To 1,375% More Subscribers (AWeber)
- How This Email Helped Me Land an $800 Per Month Client (Post Joint)
Timing really is everything! Here are some resources that will ensure you never miss the boat on opportunities with your list, as well as some interesting articles about how time is flying and technology is changing in our rapidly advancing digital age.
- Timing Is Everything: When You Should Publish Your Content (AWeber)
- When is the WORST Time For a Meeting, Client Call, or a Webinar? (Social Triggers)
- Bitcoin. Sweat. Tide. Meet the Future of Branded Currency (TEDTalks)
- Game Change: Moneyball and the Reality of Social Business (The Brand Builder)
- Do Pop-Up Forms Actually Work? (Copyblogger)
- How to Increase Your Income by Letting Customers Have it Their Way (Michael Hyatt)
Tips, Tricks and Terrific Ideas
These are some great and grandiose ideas for launching with success or streamlining your website or online business as well as some inspiring tales of people doing just that with some wild innovation.
- You Should Remove All Ads From Your Site (Flippa)
- 26 Beautiful Landing Page Designs Critiqued with A/B Testing Tips (UnBounce)
- How The Law of Reciprocity Can Make or Break Your Business (Reboot Authentic)
- Improving Conversion Rates – Are You Doing it Right or Wrong? (Think Traffic)
- 7 Black Belt Insights for Elite Achievement (Robin Sharma)
- An MVP Is Not a Cheaper Product, It’s About Smart Learning (Steve Blank)
- Your Client Wants Your Solutions Like They Want A Hole In The Head (Reboot Authentic)
- Online Writing 101: 14 Errors That Are Preventing You From Blogging Success (Leaving Work Behind)
- 21 Online Resources for Launching Anything (Suitcase Entrepreneur)
- Visual Editors for WordPress – Roundup Review (IM Impact)
Out of the Ordinary
Here are some inspiring or out of the ordinary stories that will make you step back, take a breath, and look at life just a little bit differently and hopefully crack a smile.
- Hooked: The Psychology of How Products Engage Us (NirAndFar)
- J.K. Rowling and the Chamber of Literary Fame (Bloomberg)
- Is Justin Timberlake a Product of Cumulative Advantage? (The New York Times)
- How a Telecommunications Company Tripled Conversions, Revenue with Message Maps (Marketing Sherpa)
- The App of God: Getting 100 Million Downloads is More Psychology Than Miracles (NirAndFar)
- Prepare to Be Shocked! – What happens when you actually click on one of those “One Weird Trick” ads? (Slate)
The Write Life
I also recently helped with the launch a great blog called the Write Life, along with some other great colleagues.
- Introducing Our Amazing Launch Team (The Write Life)
Guest Posts from Me and Megan
We also had a couple of guest posts up this month – one was mine, on the Write Life, and another was Megan’s, on the Flippa Blog:
- 7 Popular Blogs About Writing That Want Your Guest Posts (The Write Life)
- You Should Remove All Ads From Your Site – Megan’s Post! (Flippa Blog)
We’ve listed a lot of great content here, but if you think we’ve missed out on anything important, please let us know in the comments!