Another month, and another Best of the Web round-up!
The last month has been really intense – between all the content that we’ve run on the blog (which is a lot), the webinars that I’ve been doing for our wonderful partners (over a dozen of them), and the interviews that I’ve been asked to participate in, it’s been crazy.
And on top of that, there’s my super-secret new project that I’ll be releasing to you (for free!) at the end of the month!
So yeah, it’s been busy, and it’s been hard to keep up with the rest of the blogosphere.
But just because I’m busy doesn’t mean that the blogosphere has shut down – not by a long shot!
So here are some of my favorite posts, articles and exciting other pieces of content from the last few weeks…
It’s a Little Counter-Intuitive, but Very Interesting
These are a collection of posts that surprised, delighted or otherwise caught me off guard – and might do the same for you, too!
- Why Ignoring Feedback is Critical to Blogging Success (The Sales Lion)
- Why Facebook Will Become the Most Dangerous Company on Earth (Businesses Grow)
- The Mystery of the Non-Smoker (Ryze Online)
- Why Bloggers Have Sh-tty Friends & What To Do (Log Allot)
- How to Startup Before You Startup (Duct Tape Marketing)
- How Apple Sidesteps Billions in Taxes (New York Times)
- How Backlash Beer is Redefining “Social Drinking” with Social Media (Think Traffic)
- Free Agent Nation (Fast Company)
- The Future of Blogging – I Had to Tell You This (ViperChill)
- The Perfect Marketing Strategy for Soap, Soda, and Startups (Forbes)
- What Your Klout Score Really Means (Wired)
- Resilience begins with “We” (Reid This)
Guides and How-To’s
These are a blogger’s bread and butter, aren’t they?
Providing value to our readers is the most important thing that we can do, and often that comes in the form of a guide, or comprehensive how-to. Here are some of my favorites from the last month:
- Business Blog Writing: How To Create Valuable Content (Ian Brodie)
- The Secret to Gaining Massive Readership for your Blog (Live Hacked)
- Ninja Productivity and a Balanced Lifestyle With Craig Jarrow (Productivity Elements) (Productive Superdad)
- Don’t Let Hackers Crash Your Blogging Party (Kikolani)
- Find Topics to Write About Even When You Don’t Feel Like It (Shout Me Loud)
- The Insanely Easy Way to Get More Traffic to Your Blog (DIY Themes)
- How to Blog Without Wasting Your Time (The Digital Writer)
- Content Marketing: How to Grow an Audience that Grows Your Business (Entreproducer)
- How to Solve the Biggest Challenge Facing Entrepreneurs & Start Ups (Steve Baines)
A Big Ole List of New List Posts
We all know how popular list posts are, and for good reason! They’re fun, easily digestible and insanely useful. Enjoy!
- How To Use These 3 Hypnotic “Power Words” To Covertly Increase Your Conversion Rates (KISSmetrics)
- 5 Guest Posting Strategies you can Steal (Young Pre Pro)
- 7 Sure-Fire Tips to Finally Break Through Your Career Crisis and Own your Own Life (Secrets Entrepreneur)
- 7 Straight-Up Truths About Blogging and They Hurt! (Ryan Hanley)
- The 7 Bad Habits of Insanely Productive People (Copyblogger)
- 20 Must Read Blog Posts About Entrepreneurship I Wish I’d Written (Pocket Changed)
- Link Building Strategies – The Complete List (Point Blank SEO)
- 101 Headline Formulas (Affect Selling)
Tools, Multi-Media and Other Treats
Videos, graphics, eBooks, reports, news, presentations and more awesome goodies:
- Make Your Own Infographic (Labs)
- Why People Buy What They Can Get For Free (Social Triggers)
- Why Being Popular Isn’t ‘All That’ When it Comes to Social Media Marketing (Ruth Zive Copywriting)
- Best Practices & Lessons Learned from 30,000 A/B and Multivariate Tests (Optimizely on YouTube – a great video, but I still prefer Visual Website Optimizer)
- Think Traffic Monthly Report – April 2012 (Compound Revenue and The 4 Points of Leverage) (Think Traffic)
- My Blog Made Over 2 Million Dollars in Sales: How’s that for ROI? (The Sales Lion)
Interviews and Kind Mentions
As always, I am thrilled and honored that people reached out and invited me to connect with their audiences. Here are some of the mentions, interviews and reviews from the last month – with my thanks.
- How to Get Your Site Featured on the Biggest Blogs on the Web (83 Times in One Year) (Think Traffic)
- Expert Time Management Interview: Interview With a Coach, Danny Iny (Productive Super Dad)
- Why You Should (Or Maybe SHOULDN’T!) Hire a Coach (Interview With @DannyIny) (Productive Super Dad)
- Setting up a Successful Affiliate Marketing Program: An Interview with Danny Iny (Copywrite Matters)
- 20-Minute Book Marketing Podcast: Danny Iny on Blogging to Sell More Books (Ask John Kremer)
- Nischala’s Blog-o-Rendezvous with Danny Iny (Nischala Murthy)
- How Writing Confidently, Quickly, and Effectively Saved my Blog (Problogger)
- How I got into the Freelance Switch? (Writer Region)
- The Hero In Question (On Video) – Guest Post by Jason Fonceca (One Spoon at a Time)
- Danny Iny, The “Freddy Krueger” Of Blogging Explains How To Guest Post Properly (Founder Tips)
- When Everyone Else is at the Dance (Kaarina Dillabough)
And a Guest Post, too!
Yup, just one – I’ve been busy laying the groundwork for what’s coming. But next month, look out!
We’ve listed a lot of great content here, but if you think we’ve missed out on anything important, please let us know in the comments!
Danny Iny (@DannyIny), a.k.a. the “Freddy Krueger of Blogging”, teaches marketing that works at Firepole Marketing. Together with Guy Kawasaki, Brian Clark and Mitch Joel, he wrote the book on building engaged audiences from scratch (available on Amazon, or as a free download).